Root Canal Therapy – Doylestown, PA
Saving Teeth From Possible Extraction
Are you looking for a dentist in Doylestown who can administer appropriate treatment for a severely decayed or damaged tooth? At Perfect Smiles of Doylestown, our team is here to provide root canal therapy and save your tooth from possible extraction. When harmful bacteria reaches the innermost layer of your tooth known as the pulp, it can gain access to the nerve system and cause immense pain. If left untreated, the infection can move toward the root and turn into an abscess, which can be life-threatening. By allowing our team to save your natural smile through the process of a root canal, you can avoid more serious, timely, and costly procedures in the future. Contact us today to let us help alleviate the pain and put your oral health back on track.
Why Choose Perfect Smiles of Doylestown for Root Canal Therapy?
- David Lewis, Jr. has more than three decades of experience
- Personalized treatment designed to address your individual needs
- Dental insurance accepted and financing available
Signs You Might Need a Root Canal
Unless you are experiencing severe pain in a particular tooth, you may not be able to identify if you need a root canal. Fortunately, these common procedures are highly successful and are ideal for saving teeth that are on the verge of requiring extraction. Naturally, our team will perform a thorough examination to determine if you’re a qualified candidate, but should you notice one of the following signs while at home, you might need to prepare for a root canal in your near future:
- Pimple-like bumps or sores near the infected tooth
- Gum recession
- Increased sensitivity to hot and cold foods and beverages
- Discoloration of the tooth in question
How a Root Canal Works
When preparing for a root canal, one of our qualified dental experts will administer local anesthesia to numb the tooth and the area surrounding it. Once you are comfortable, we will begin the process of cleaning out your decayed or damaged tooth. Using specialized dental instruments, we will clear away decayed portions of the tooth and removed an infected pulp. After your tooth and root chambers and thoroughly cleaned, we will sterilize these areas before applying what is known as gutta-percha.
To ensure the functionality and stability of your compromised tooth, our team will have a customized dental crown created that will be placed over the weakened structure. While it is being made by lab technicians, we will fit you with a temporary restoration you can wear in the meantime. After several weeks, you will return to our office to have your temporary removed and your permanent dental crown bonded into place.
Benefits of Root Canal Therapy
Apart from the main benefit of root canal therapy that involves saving your natural tooth, you can expect to enjoy many additional advantages when choosing to undergo this common and successful procedure, some of which include:
- A restoration that blends in beautifully with your natural smile
- The ability to maintain normal biting power
- Preventing nearby healthy teeth from being negatively impacted by a worsening infection that can affect additional teeth and soft oral tissues
- Cost savings by eliminating the need for an extraction and tooth replacement. Depending on the type of prosthetic, you could end up spending thousands of dollars to replace a tooth that could have been saved with root canal therapy