Implant Dentures – Doylestown, PA
The Best Option for Full Arch Replacement
Tooth loss is a problem that afflicts countless adults. Fortunately, modern dentistry offers a number of restorative options that can rebuild lost dentition and help patients to gain renewed confidence in their smiles. One of those options is implant dentures, which are superior to traditional, non-implant dentures in a number of ways. On this page, we’ll discuss what implant dentures are, how they work, and what benefits you can expect from this modern and innovative tooth replacement solution.
Why Choose Perfect Smiles of Doylestown for Implant Dentures?
- Partnered with the Best Local Specialists
- Natural-Looking, Sturdy Results
- Comfortable, Patient-Focused Treatment
How Do Implant Dentures Work?
A traditional denture is held in place with natural suction or a mild adhesive. Implant dentures in Doylestown are secured by small prosthetic tooth roots instead. The prosthetic tooth roots, dental implants, get placed beneath the gumline in a minimally invasive surgery. Then, your dentist will design a custom denture to go on top of them.
There are a few different categories of implant dentures:
- These are removable and “snap” onto and off of small attachments on the dental implants.
- Permanently fixed full-arch bridge. These are only removed when you visit your dentist for cleanings, checkups, and other services.
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentures?
Ideal candidates for implant dentures:
- Have lost all or most of their teeth throughout a dental arch
- Have adequate bone density and volume in their jaw to support dental implants
- Are free of active gum disease and other health conditions that could compromise their ability to heal after surgery
- Do not smoke
- Have excellent oral hygiene habits
- Want to experience the very best form of tooth replacement
Most patients who would like to receive implant dentures are eligible for them, either right away or after some preparatory treatment. Possible preparatory treatments include services like gum disease therapy and bone grafts.
The Implant Dentures Procedure
The implant dentures procedure can vary from patient to patient. Here is a general overview of some of the steps you might go through:
- Your consultation, wherein your dentist in Doylestown will begin to design your treatment plan
- Your implant placement surgery
- Your healing period, during which your implants will form a strong bond with the surrounding tissue
- Design and placement of your new prosthetic teeth
From beginning to end, the implant denture procedure may take several months. After receiving their new teeth, the vast majority of patients believe that the time spent on their treatment was more than worth it!
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
Implant dentures offer numerous benefits, including:
- Because they are anchored in the jawbone, they provide a stronger bite force than non-implant dentures. They are able to stand up to virtually any food.
- Jawbone preservation. The dental implants stimulate the jawbone and prevent the bone loss that normally occurs after tooth loss.
- Natural appearance. It is unlikely that onlookers will be able to tell that you have prosthetic teeth.
- Dental implants may last a lifetime, and the dentures on top of them also have a long life expectancy.
Are you ready to find out if implant dentures are right for you? Schedule a consultation with our friendly team today!